The cream in a can debate…

Thanks everyone for letting me know what you call the cream in a can! I’m intrigued to know what people outside the UK call the stuff. So far the evidence is that in Scotland we say ‘Skooshy cream’ and the rest of the UK calls it “squirty cream”.

Confirmation then that I DID NOT invent the word ‘Skooshy’. :)


About these ads

3 thoughts on “The cream in a can debate…

  1. Here in the US we call it whip cream. But if you’re sending someone to the story to get some you have to specify canned whip cream because we have tubs of whip cream as well that are frozen and you thaw to use.

    Neither of these of course compare to the taste of homemade whipped cream.

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s