So Rebecca has been doing this whole ‘Wednesday HodgePodge’ thing and since Wednesday is usually my least busiest day, I thought it looked fun and so I’m joining in!
1. What’s the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
Best: Is that I guess I’ve got more wisdom from all the life experience I have. And now that I don’t look like a teenager, I get taken more seriously by people.
Worst: I have to admit I’m not enjoying the widening of my body, the greying of hairs or the fact that I hurt for a lot longer when I exercise or injure myself!
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere…what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I greatly dislike this time of year. I don’t care how pretty people might find the colours of the leaves, they are the colours of something dying to me. My sanity begins to go, my motivation to do anything because of the dark and lengthening nights (not to mention the baltic wind and cold temperature) quickly disappears. Autumn just makes me want to cry and I start praying for time to move quickly to April!
3. Speaking of fall…pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What’s your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
Pumpkin doesn’t really flavour anything in the UK. Those things are only used for Jack-O-Lanterns at the end of October. I do however like my partly American colleague’s Pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins.
4. Since we’re on the subject of fall…what’s the worst fall you’ve ever taken?
Hmm…now let’s see. There’s the two I’ve taken that ended with scars on my knee when I was a kid. There’s the time I tripped over a football that a bully had aimed at my head and I ripped the muscles in my shoulder & got a concussion. Then there’s the tumble I took over another football in South Africa. And then there was my birthday tumble last year when I fell out a back door carrying lots of bags and sprained my ankle. It’s hard to choose!
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
I kinda like the idea of having Yoda’s lightsabre from the Star Wars films.
6. What’s the most interesting word you’ve read or learned in the past week?
I’ve never heard of Skooshy cream being referred to as ‘squirly cream’ before.
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
I believe that story was told here. I managed to do the trifecta in one go. I almost got locked out a couple of times during the summer when I left my keys at work – but thankfully Sarah noticed both times and saved the day! :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
All day long I’ve been craving the Tuna Fusilli I had at Jamie’s Italian in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago. It was seriously yummy and I want some. Like right now. But instead I’m likely going to have some chocolate before I make something decidedly less expensive and boring for tea.