Lucy at Looking for Something Deeper has given my blog the ‘Honest Scrap’ award. This is my second blogging award from Lucy (I could get a seriously big head here). But I love that I now get to give seven others this same award…it’s just tough to choose only seven.
Here are the instructions:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share “10 Honest things” about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
10 honest things…
1. I’m not always as honest as people make me out to be on this blog. I think a lot of people think that I have bared my entire soul through blogging, but actually you only see a fraction. A larger fraction than you would have done a few years ago if I’d been blogging, but a fraction nonetheless.
2. I miss my younger brother and sister sooooo much. Another Christmas/New Year without them is almost unbearable.
3. Having said that, I love facebook because it seems to be bringing us back together. I pray that the hope I have is not a false hope that we will be together again soon. Dancing to Veggie Rocks, watching One Tree Hill (with Giraffe) & Top Gear (with Monkey).
4. I have a thing for cuddly toys. Namely brown teddy bears and stuffed disney ones. Every time someone gets me a new one my Mum just shakes her head in a ‘how did I end up with a crazy daughter like this’ kinda way. I’m not sure my sister and brother have never gotten over being denied permission to buy me a giant stuffed Winnie the Pooh for my 16th birthday. That would have been hilarious.
5. I have a mild anger problem. The ‘assassin of amped emotions’ gets the better of me often. This results in yelling, ranting and use of very atrocious language. And no, I’m not proud of it.
6. It’s only now that I’m on the wonderful injections of depo provera that I realise how crazy it was to be living the way I was before. I actually begin to notice I’m in pain now…! And I don’t go through 2 packets of painkillers per month.
7. I’m an emotional person. Like Lucy, I love deeply and it can be very painful. Often when I begin to pray and really intercede for someone I start to feel some of their pain. That can be scary at times.
8. I love kids. Maybe because I love being a big kid! I miss doing dancing stuff with children especially.
9. I’m unbelievably untidy but like having a place for everything and everything in its place. My Mum labels my life ‘organised chaos’.
10. The two things I wish I’d gone for instead of listening to the people whose opinion I cared about most: Dance teaching and Medicine.
And here are the 7 bloggers I’m awarding…(what can I say, I’m bad at maths!)
1. Leading and Loving It – I’ve loved getting to know Lori over the last few months, and just am so encouraged by her blog and our chats when we’re at Central Christian Church’s Facebook campus. It’s doubly cool because now another of my fave bloggers, Brandi is blogging there too now!
2. From Africa, With Love - Caroline is an ‘in-real-life’ friend, though actually we’ve only really seen each other in person a handful of times. I met her on my first day visiting the pregnancy crisis centre where she was a volunteer. Caroline is one wise lady and her love and desire to follow Jesus with all her life is so apparent through what she writes, but also with what she does. Oh, and she has a very cute baby son…
3. InProgress - Tam is another lovely lady whose blog I love. Her sense of humour, her honesty and openness is something I admire. She has inspired me and encouraged me in so many ways. And she is a lot of fun!
4. The State That I Am In – Mr TSTIAI is another in-real-life friend. In fact his whole family and I have become very good friends to the point we all went on holiday together back in October. Both he and his wife, Bringonthejoy just have poured so much love and encouragement into my life. And we share a love for beach, surf, alternative music and good food (namely chocolate, pancakes & Bombay Feast). But I also think his blog rocks – very thought provoking & inspiring.
5. 65_RedRoses – Eva herself is an inspiration. Her strength, her courage, her honesty. She doesn’t sugarcoat anything, and isn’t afraid to make herself vulnerable. She is kind, creative, talented, caring and passionate. And motivated to make as much as a positive difference to the world in everything she does.
6. Shaping the Space – I got to know David and his wife, Diane when I started blogging at Grace Note Showers. They have brought me so much encouragement, and I hope it’s not long before we meet ‘in real life’. They are some of the most kind and thoughtful people I’ve met on the blogosphere. Their faith is huge as is their passion for God and loving others.
7. Coffee Shop Journal – For a long time it’s felt like Marla has been a part of our smallgroup despite the fact she lives a whole ocean away in the Sunshine State! The greatest thing I’ve learned from Marla is the importance of community and taking time out to replenish and listen to God. Her coffee shop journal posts never fail to challenge and provoke thought, and we also both love Starbucks! :)
and I’m going to break the rules…
8. Confessions of a somewhat reluctant atheist/Musings of a Scot- Carolyn is one of my best blog friends. There are no words that could fully explain how glad I am to have met Carolyn in the blog and twitter spheres! She describes herself as a reluctant atheist, but I see so much of Jesus’ heart in Carolyn. Kind, caring, sacrificial, honest, compassionate, fun…and a fellow Scottish lass! :)