1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can’t answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?
Hmm…I do foolish things all the time really. But one of my favourite memories we were talking about last Friday was on the middle weekend of Winter school. We were all exhausted from early mornings and brain mushed days and looking forward to our one and only lie in of the two weeks. Only on Sunday morning I woke to someone screaming aloud. And 10 minutes later some giggling. Eventually my bladder got the better of me and I had to accept defeat that I wasn’t going to get back to sleep and just get up … I went out to go to the toilet and discovered what I thought at first was a drunken student who’d been locked out his room:
We’re pretty sure that ‘Pillow man’ was a creation of one of the Hungarian students. Later on I came back up from breakfast to discover he was wearing my earmuffs. I was told ‘he walked in and got them himself’ but pretty sure that our American classmate was responsible for that particular accessorizing of the pillow man!
2. What’s the last biography or non-fiction book you’ve read? Was it any good?
The last was probably Pedagogy of The Oppressed by Paulo Freire. I needed a dictionary. And I didn’t read it by choice, it was for university. I agree with a lot of Freire’s theories, but how I wish he’d written in a simpler fashion!
3. Garlic-friend or foe? What’s your favorite dish made with garlic?
A foe. Garlic is not my friend but man does it taste good!!
Garlic bread would be a favourite quite honestly – I did have some a few weeks ago.
4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person…The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets?
Um. Can I say none?
5. How do you choose which blogs to read? What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, ‘eh, think I’ll skip this one and move on to the next’?
I like reading about people’s lives. Anything which shows me their culture (micro or macro) and that they don’t take themselves too seriously. I love to learn new things! Usually I skip if it gets a bit too much about consumerism/marketing and how I apparently need to be wearing the perfect outfits and kids should also be wearing the perfect outfits. Like I don’t mind people sharing something they’re excited about like the dress they’ve got to wear to a family wedding or a great book or something but you know the blogs where every day it’s about a new product? Not my thing. Oh and blog music really gets on my nerves. I’ve also found that some blogs look great, but take so long to load up…
6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math?
7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1…choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday.
April Fools! (ok that’s not a word, it’s a phrase?)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s currently been freezing cold, pouring with rain or super foggy. South of the border temperatures were more than double of that in Scotland at the weekend! Selfishly I’m hoping for an improvement of the weather as I’m having a birthday gathering on Saturday and would love, love, love for folks to be able to play in the garden if possible.